CrossFit Edify Philosophy
The Eleven Domains of Fitness:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory efficiency– The ability of a combination of body systems to gather, process, deliver and remove oxygen and it’s metabolic by-products.
2. Stamina– The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, remove and utilize the varying chemical energy pathways of the body. (Metabolic Conditioning)
3. Strength– The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
(“Big is not strong, strong is strong")
4. Flexibility– The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint or multiple effected joints.
5. Power– The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply/produce a maximal amount of energy/force over a minimal amount time. (P = W/t)
6. Speed– The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement. (v = d/t)
7. Coordination– The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement. (Yet another reason why we don’t do “Body Building”)
8. Agility– The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance– The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy– The ability to control movement in a given direction or plane at a given intensity.
11. Mental– The ability to mentally endure and push one’s self beyond what one may “think” they can achieve. (This will actually be the single greatest variable in this gym… this will also be the area of greatest change)
These eleven domains are our primary focus here at CrossFit Edify. By over emphasizing or specializing in one single area (cardio/resp endurance for example), and not working to strengthen our weaknesses, we lose out on the benefits and fitness parameters of almost every other domain. We are only as strong as our weakest link. So, not only do you get to do what you love and are good at, buy you also get to strengthen those weaknesses while at it!
Not everyone likes to do that which they aren't good at. Some of us don't even know where to start. That's what we at CrossFit Edify are here for! We continually work with you on improving those areas of weakness and making your strengths even better. We will guide you and help you improve in all the domains of fitness, making you a better athlete and making you better at life! Then, we will prove it to you with our monthly tracking program.
CROSSFIT WORKOUTS ARE FOR EVERYONE!
At CrossFit Edify in Ammon, our workouts are ever changing and we focus on functional movements. We instruct you on proper technique with foundational exercises and movements that help support health, and reduce the risk of injury.
We differ from other gyms! Here at CrossFit Edify, we provide feedback during your entire workout. This ensures that not only will you strengthen and improve your weaknesses, but that you are also operating within safer parameters. You will learn to utilize your body in a manner that you never have before, which will prepare you for what life offers.
Our programming is set up to prepare you to meet all of life's challenges.
Whether you're a weekend warrior, high school athlete, Mom/Dad or a Grandparent trying to "wrestle-up the wee-ones", we've got something for you! We cater to ALL ages. We have Members from ages 4 to 69!
Numerous studies have shown that even children can benefit greatly from regular, rigorous, physical activity. These same studies have determined that not only will it help with behavior, but also with cognitive development and higher brain/motor capacities.
WARNING: You may become addicted! But lets be honest, how bad is that? Forming a habit of proper nutrition and regular, rigorous exercise the CrossFit Edify way is exactly what you need in your life. We do it right! Stop by CrossFit Edify in Ammon, 5 minutes outside of Idaho Falls.
We focus on providing a great experience, fueled by the friendship of your peers. We're all in this together, which helps us to work hard and work to become our best. The family atmosphere, combined with the knowledgeable assistance of our CrossFit trainers, helps to make every session your best workout yet!
CrossFit Edify in Ammon is more than a gym - it is a learning environment to better understand health, nutrition, and fitness. A way of living, so that you can live a longer, fuller, more productive life.
If you are new to CrossFit, your first time with us is FREE!