CrossFit Edify Philosophy
The Eleven Domains of Fitness:
These eleven domains are our primary focus here at CrossFit Edify. By over emphasizing or specializing in one single area (e.g. cardio/respiratory endurance), and not working to strengthen our weaknesses, we lose out on the benefits and fitness parameters of almost every other domain. We are only as strong as our weakest link. So, not only do you get to do what you love and are good at, buy you also get to strengthen those weaknesses while at it!
Not everyone likes to do that which they aren't good at. Some of us don't even know where to start. That's what we at CrossFit Edify are here for! We continually work with you on improving those areas of weakness and making your strengths even better. We will guide you and help you improve in all the domains of fitness, making you a better athlete and making you better at life! Then, we will prove it to you with our monthly tracking program.
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory efficiency– The ability of a combination of body systems to gather, process, deliver and remove oxygen and it’s metabolic by-products.
2. Stamina– The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, remove and utilize the varying chemical energy pathways of the body. (Metabolic Conditioning)
3. Strength– The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
(“Big is not strong, strong is strong")
4. Flexibility– The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint or multiple effected joints.
5. Power– The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply/produce a maximal amount of energy/force over a minimal amount time. (P = W/t)
6. Speed– The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement. (v = d/t)
7. Coordination– The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement. (Yet another reason why we don’t do “Body Building”)
8. Agility– The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance– The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy– The ability to control movement in a given direction or plane at a given intensity.
11. Mental– The ability to mentally endure and push one’s self beyond what one may “think” they can achieve. (This will actually be the single greatest variable in this gym… this will also be the area of greatest change)
CROSSFIT WORKOUTS ARE FOR EVERYONE!
At CrossFit Edify in Ammon, we instruct you on proper technique with foundational exercises and movements that help support health, and reduce the risk of injury.
We differ from other gyms because we provide feedback during your entire workout. This ensures that you will strengthen and improve your weaknesses, while also operating within safer parameters. You will learn to utilize your body in a manner that you never have before, which will prepare you for what life offers.
We cater to all ages. We have members from ages 4 to 69. No matter where you are in life, we’ve got something for you. Studies have shown that regular, rigorous physical activity can improve behavior, cognitive development, and brain and motor capacities.
The family atmosphere, combined with the knowledgeable assistance of our CrossFit trainers, helps to make every session your best workout yet!
CrossFit Edify in Ammon is more than a gym - it is a learning environment to better understand health, nutrition, and fitness. A way of living, so that you can live a longer, fuller, more productive life.
If you are new to CrossFit, your first time with us is FREE!